Friday, June 26, 2009

Ben Kweller and China

Ben Kweller Live at Tucson
Sharon and I recently went to a Ben Kweller concert. Here's a few pictures I took using my phone. The resolution is crummy enough for Shelley to ask me on facebook where I was playing the guitar at, but I guess Ben Kweller is only 28 and has a baby face, as well as a sweet set of long curly hair. I think when I get back from China my hair will look like that.
For the finale of the encore, he brought out his four year old son and had him play the drums. When he refused to play a rendition of "Bingo was his name-o" the little boy consented to play "Say it Aint So" by Weezer, and he totally rocked it out.

Ben Kweller's son playing the drums at the concert

Anyways, we're all ready for China! We're here at Mom and Dad's house, hoping to leave tomorrow at 5:00 am to get some party time in at the beach, and then we'll leave on Tuesday afternoon for the true middle earth country (that's pretty much the literal translation of it: middle country) China.

Yea!

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Have a fabulous time in China. Be careful and be good.

Leslie said...

Good luck in China!! I wish I could watch on Youtube you meeting Sharon's family. That will be awesome.