Sunday, July 6, 2014

Bolivar Peninsula RV trip

We spent 3 nights in an RV down on the bolivar peninsula. I had 2 weeks off for summer break and we were really excited to get more beach time in. I was thinking about camping but was nervous for everyone's sanity if things didn't go well (i.e. wind, rain, screaming babies). I looked for a cheap place to stay and found an RV park that rents out an RV for $50 a night. We went for it and had a great time. Turns out it rained solid for a day and a half... Sharon was grateful and thus I was grateful we weren't camping! It was comfortable and a very memorable trip.




This was the first time they ever shared a bed... was kind of rough most nights with the kids touching each other and fighting for hours before they slept. But I think they also had the time of their life.

Had lots of beach time and I don't think the kids even got beached out. It makes me happy to see them enjoy it so much. Enoch and Michael both got much more confident boogie boarding and got some great rides. Peter enjoyed the sand and Sharon got some good waves and got sunburned worse than anyone else.









There is a free car ferry on the peninsula that we did a few times. On one of the rainy days we did it (this was actually the most sunny 20 minutes of the whole day). Saw lots of dolphins every time!








We found a mermaid


 BBQ dinner on the beach our last night. It's fun to be able to drive right unto the beaches here.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun trip. I love that you take the family and go! Missouri guys

Leslie said...

$50???? What a deal!! Looks super fun and perfect for kids.