I got to spend almost every day with Sam for the past 6 months!! It had been such a nice long break of one of a life time! We traveled together; we moved across states together; we figured things out together; we had fun together; We had disagreements about things and we also figured out a way to agree on disagree... Of course, everything we did made memories and I will forever cherish the time we spent together. Our relationship had gone to a whole new level that I can not describe. Maybe all you wiser people will understand me somehow. And yesterday was the last day of Sam's free time, he started orientation today at TMC. I am in a deep husband-withdrawal but so glad that I got to have him almost every day for the past months.
This past year a lot of things had changed, drastically. We made so many important decisions together: We decided where we were going to live in the next 5 years; We decided to not have any more children; We decided that we were going to buy a house and which house we were going to buy; We decided what school our kids will be attending; We decided that we'd choose a different faith; We decided to get a puppy...I am so glad that we are on the same page at most of our important decisions, for this I am grateful.
We are a great team! We accomplish things together. Use Sam's words, "If both of us work on something, most of time we succeed." Yes, we are that great of a team. We fill up each other's gaps, sometimes even as a sacrifice. I hate shopping for anything other than grocery, so Sam does most of my shopping for me. And oh Boy, he has a way better taste than I do any way; Sam doesn't enjoy cooking so I learned to be a good cook and yes, I enjoy working with my hands so much; I do not care as to where to hang what decorations, so Sam happily and gladly take on the leading job and I gladly be the helper; I am good with accomplishing things with the resources I have, and Sam lets me use my talent in every way I can and always there to help when needed; I can not miss out the bedroom fun when I talk about an amazing husband, and yes, it's amazing (Sorry for TMI, but it's true)!! Especially to a person like me who was abused and scarred for life, I am extremely grateful for Sam for saving me out of the dark hole of blaming myself and feeling dirty my whole life. Thanks for showing me the true beauty of love!
I have a father myself, but my dad was never really there for me and we were never close. Even now, there is little words to talk about between us. I often tell my boys how lucky they are to have a dad, who spends time to play with them, to teach them things, to clean after them, to take them to places and more. When I told them that I didn't have a dad who would sit and spend a min to play with me, they couldn't believe it. I know that a lot of Chinese culture contributed to that, that dads don't usually play with kids, because of stupid pride, or busy working schedule, or that I am not a boy... I don't blame my dad, but just feel extra grateful that my boys have an attentive father in their lives. This past 6 months, the boys sure had a super time with their daddy. They are the luckiest kids in the world to have the best father they could ever ask for!
Today marked the first day of being a single parent again. My husband will be slaved away at work for many many years down the road. But I am grateful that I got to steal him away for a much needed long break. Nervous of course, but I am ready more than ever to take on the life and be a strong woman that needs to be, for this I am grateful.
Of course, I am grateful that we got to celebrate this Father's Day at our OWN house. Thanks honey for being an amazing husband and father! I am so glad that our boys will have you as their role model and they will learn how to be a great husband and dad themselves!!
This past year a lot of things had changed, drastically. We made so many important decisions together: We decided where we were going to live in the next 5 years; We decided to not have any more children; We decided that we were going to buy a house and which house we were going to buy; We decided what school our kids will be attending; We decided that we'd choose a different faith; We decided to get a puppy...I am so glad that we are on the same page at most of our important decisions, for this I am grateful.
We are a great team! We accomplish things together. Use Sam's words, "If both of us work on something, most of time we succeed." Yes, we are that great of a team. We fill up each other's gaps, sometimes even as a sacrifice. I hate shopping for anything other than grocery, so Sam does most of my shopping for me. And oh Boy, he has a way better taste than I do any way; Sam doesn't enjoy cooking so I learned to be a good cook and yes, I enjoy working with my hands so much; I do not care as to where to hang what decorations, so Sam happily and gladly take on the leading job and I gladly be the helper; I am good with accomplishing things with the resources I have, and Sam lets me use my talent in every way I can and always there to help when needed; I can not miss out the bedroom fun when I talk about an amazing husband, and yes, it's amazing (Sorry for TMI, but it's true)!! Especially to a person like me who was abused and scarred for life, I am extremely grateful for Sam for saving me out of the dark hole of blaming myself and feeling dirty my whole life. Thanks for showing me the true beauty of love!
I have a father myself, but my dad was never really there for me and we were never close. Even now, there is little words to talk about between us. I often tell my boys how lucky they are to have a dad, who spends time to play with them, to teach them things, to clean after them, to take them to places and more. When I told them that I didn't have a dad who would sit and spend a min to play with me, they couldn't believe it. I know that a lot of Chinese culture contributed to that, that dads don't usually play with kids, because of stupid pride, or busy working schedule, or that I am not a boy... I don't blame my dad, but just feel extra grateful that my boys have an attentive father in their lives. This past 6 months, the boys sure had a super time with their daddy. They are the luckiest kids in the world to have the best father they could ever ask for!
Today marked the first day of being a single parent again. My husband will be slaved away at work for many many years down the road. But I am grateful that I got to steal him away for a much needed long break. Nervous of course, but I am ready more than ever to take on the life and be a strong woman that needs to be, for this I am grateful.
Of course, I am grateful that we got to celebrate this Father's Day at our OWN house. Thanks honey for being an amazing husband and father! I am so glad that our boys will have you as their role model and they will learn how to be a great husband and dad themselves!!
2 comments:
So glad you have had this time together! Yes, your boys are fortunate, and they are also lucky to have you! Happy new home - I hope you will find much joy in your new location and new life-adventures. It takes me a year to adjust to a new location and new situations, so allow yourself plenty of time to find a new balance. I will be thinking of you all.
What a great family unit you have become. It takes a lot of work and both you and Sam have made the decision to work on it. So happy you are happy.
Post a Comment