Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Chase bank + southwest airlines =

Diaper money!!!!

Chase bank southwest visa credit card yearly fee: $69
Bonus miles after first purchase: 50,000
Cost of $25 amazon gift card: 2,500 miles
Number of $25 amazon gift cards redeemed: 20
Final deal: $500 gift cards - $69 fee = $431

=

Free diapers for a long long time

5 comments:

Leslie said...

I just checked the website and it says 25,000 miles after first purchase. How'd you score 50,000?

Samuel R said...

I think it was a temporary deal. However, if you have ever flown United Airlines, you should be able to log into your United account and see a promotion for 60,000 bonus miles with their credit card, which basically comes out to 50,000 after first purchase. There isn't even a fee the first year. I didn't get approved for it because I just opened up a Chase account with southwest, so I was bummed. Seems like an even better deal.

Alison said...

I'm just getting caught up on blogs and just saw this! That is amazing--good work! I want to do that!

That was a fun Christmas post as well. It was great to see you all!

Leslie said...

So now the website says 50,000 bonus miles again, but the yearly fee says $99? I'm confused.

Samuel R said...

That's actually the deal I did earlier, and we used those miles for flights. Sharon got a better deal when the fee was lowered to $69, and we used those miles for the amazon gift cards. I would go for it!