Thursday, June 14, 2012

Canoe time

A while back, I was talking to Leslie about her paddleboard and made a jealous remark about not having anything cool like a lake within 20 minutes of our house. A week later, I was looking at a map and saw a lake... 10 minutes from our house.

Yippee!

So I sold some stuff and bought a canoe off craigslist. It's a 16 footer, an Old Town Discovery. It's a bit scratched up but super durable and very sturdy. I see fun times ahead. Today we took our first run on the canoe and had a mishap-free time.

And I've already video streamed the lectures I missed today :-)

The first time we discovered this park we had a nice picnic on top of the wooden tower in the middle of the lake
Michael kept trying to crawl out of the canoe, so Sharon had to hold him

4 comments:

Leslie said...

That's so cool! I'm impressed you got two kids out. How did Michael like his life jacket? Owen hated his all last summer but now doesn't seem to mind a bit. Yeah for water babies you're going to become an expert at the j stroke.

David said...

very fun!
any alligators in that lake??

Shelley said...

So impressed with getting you and your family out of the house. I'm sure Sharon and the kids love the time spent with you. Nice you can catch the videos of the lectures you miss.

Cait said...

Michael looks so happy!