Sunday, May 19, 2013

Boys outing on the metrorail

Sharon had a baby shower yesterday. Instead of gifts people brought frozen meals for us. The party was at a friend's house that lives near the medical center. They actually live right next to where I contract park in the morning, from where I then take the metro rail into the medical center. While Sharon was at the shower I took the kids out on the rail and around a big park just past the medical center.

Like all boys, Enoch and Michael love trains, so they thought it was the best thing ever to ride the metro rail. I don't get many chances to take the kids out by myself. In fact, I can't remember the last time we had a boys outing like this. It was great. Sharon has days like this all the time, but I don't.

Waiting for the train

They don't look like they're having fun, but trust me, they were





It was getting hot so we went inside a nearby building. Turned out to be the Natural History Museum. It looks really interesting, but we've never gone in the past because the kids have never been old enough. We just hung out in the lobby area and enjoyed the air conditioning. They had an amazing dinosaur that you can ride which the kids were pretty scared of.





On the way back we got off the train at Texas Children's Hopsital. It's the only place off the metrorail with a McDonalds, and I wanted to bribe them with ice cream to make sure they had good memories of their father and sons outing.

Playing with a pretty spectacular exhibit toy at Texas Children's Hospital

I had a blast with them. Lucky to have such wonderful, healthy children, with another on the way.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Frozen meals is a great shower idea! And I'm sure Sharon deserved the break, while you and the boys had fun. Love from us.

Cait said...

only in Texas a mechanical dino you can ride on. I like Texas.