Friday, August 2, 2013

CMV, our wonderful boys

Wrote this a week ago and didn't get around to publishing it.... Last week we found out Peter had CMV growing in his urine. CMV often causes permanent hearing damage in babies that were infected during pregnancy but appeared fine at birth. This caused (is causing) us a lot of distress at the time. Follow up tests are somewhat inconclusive, so we are still watching and waiting and occasionally making a lot of loud noises while Peter is sleeping to prove to ourselves that he can still hear us. It seems most likely that he will be fine, however, and we count ourselves lucky and continue to hope for the best. I've spent a fair amount of time in a children's hospital recently, and I've seen what it's like for parents to deal with severely disabled children. It's a challenge that I can't imagine facing and I'm so grateful that Peter seems to be doing well.


In this picture I think you can tell his unique features. He looks different from his brothers.


Little fatty: he was born at 7 lb 7 oz and is now about 12 lbs!

With all the excitement around Peter, we try not to neglect Enoch and Michael. Luckily, we have amazing extended family who haven't forgotten them either!! Thank you Aunt Shelley and Aunt Kerri!











f

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Man your boys are adorable. Glad to hear things are going OK with Peter. He sure is a cutie.