Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Mississippi / Florida / Tennessee



To prove that I have not been procrastinating from writing blogs, here are the things we've done recently: 
1, unpack, laundry, cleaning, selling some of our junks, dealing with massive water leaking problem in our bathroom.
2, Catching up with appointments. Believe me, we are a group of high maintenance people as far as our health goes. 
3, looking into selling and buying cars. Eventually we agreed that even though it was a great idea but at a bad timing, so we decided to wait.
4, Trying to utilize the time we have together to do fun things around Houston before we move away. I am seriously going to miss the awesome kids' stuff here when we move, I'll try to write something about it if I ever catch up with our blogs.

Anyways, if you remember we did a two week road trip to Mississippi, Florida and Tennessee. We had a lot of fun memories during the trip.  

This was the first night we got to Chase and Cait. The kids were crazy running around here. Michael accidentally or intentionally turned on the water hose in the garden and got his pants all wet.



Chase and Cait made us delicious dinner and even a cake to celebrate Sam's early birthday!! 





Cait took us to the beach about 5 mins away from their house. It's perfect for little kids!! 




After staying with Chase and Cait, we drove up to the great smoky mountain national park in Tennessee.
This little town is right in the great smoky mountain national park. It's beautiful! We got there close to midnight, I woke up from my nap thinking that we got to the north pole ;) lots and lots of pretty lights on the street. It was kind of magical.
We hiked in the great smoky national park in Tennessee. This one with water fall is a short 2 miles hike, it was great with kids. We saw a great big bear on the way driving there.

It was actually kind of scary at the time because we were on a huge rock that was slippery. Had to tell the boys to sit down on the wood bench.

It was my second wild bear (according to Sam, but I had no memory of seeing a bear before ).  It was so cool! 


It was fun playing with icicle. 











I have to say the great smoky mountain national park is amazing! We totally fell in love with it. 

Next, Legoland! I know that I posted pics on facebook before, but it was worth reposting a couple of them here. 

Are you ready to have fun?

This pic was worth spending money on. Love Michael's expression!



Here is a video of Enoch driving lego car: He told us later that he was a good driver! And he was. Michael's car had a little trouble, not as smooth as Enoch. He was a little bummed I think. 





The boat ride was a hit. So we did it twice. The lines were not very long!





They were so tired that they passed out in the car and didn't even eat dinner.



Enjoyed our nice hotel at Orlando. 



Loved the pool even though it was cold!


On the way home we stayed with Chase and Cait again. This time Chase and Cait took us out on his fun little boat. It was a lot of work getting it set up but it was worth it. Peter was a little clingy but overall it was great! 





I thought this pic of Enoch and Carmen was really cute!


It was a sad day to leave Chase and Cait's house. But we told our boys we will hopefully visit them again now that we live closer, although probably not for long. 






We checked out Florida beach before we left and it was really nice! 

Add caption

Saw this on the drive home. ;)


We were so glad to have spent some quality time with Chase and Cait and their kids because we missed them for Christmas! Stay tuned for our fun in Tucson.

1 comment:

Cait said...

Nice post! Love the pictures. It was so fun seeing you guys. And I can't wait til match day in March to find out where you are going!