I recently got a job through the UA as a middle school math tutor and my first day was yesterday. My family all asked me if any of the kids asked if I was their age, and even though one of the 7th grader's moustache was way better than I could ever grow (kind of like this one), I can still indignantly reply that to them I am definitely a cool college kid. I'll have to fight off those 6th grade girls, that's for sure. Don't worry Sharon, if they make any advances I'll blind them with my ring and tell those fiends to back off.
The 7th graders were learning geometry, and I realized that I had forgotten quite a bit since those days. One question asked the kids about "regular polygons" and I had no idea what that meant. I realized a good trick, though, to reviewing something I had forgotten. Simply ask a smart kid. I approached what looked to be a smarty pants (he wore glasses and was smaller than the other kids) and said:
"Hey buddy, let me see what you know, tell me what a regular polygon is"
"Well... it's a shape that no matter how you turn it, it always looks the same"
"Bingo! You nailed it"
Haha, those kids actually think I'm smart :)
1 comment:
I think you're pretty smart, I would be nervous when I don't know the answer:)
BTW, make sure you don't lose your ring...Please:)
Post a Comment