Thursday, March 5, 2009

Building Bridges

No metaphors here, this post is really about the bridge being built over the Hoover dam. Sharon and I drove to Las Vegas several weeks back and passsed this spectacle. I thought it was cool and figured there were enough nerds in this family to appreciate it. Hopefully no one dies, because on the original Hoover Dam, 112 people died in its construction.


Building the Hoover Dam Bridge
I took this one while driving. Yes, I'm a driving texter, a driving photographer, and I have a spotless driving record.
They should do an action movie where someone drives off the edge of this before they finish it. Bring the governator out of politics and back to holloywood or something.
Hoover Dam Bridge Construction. Hope the bridge meets up with it's other half
Gives me the weebies to think about working here on that.
Ah, my lovely wife at work with the camera.


Elevator in cliff
This is just a cool elevator going into the rock. Looks like the entrance to someone's home off of MTV Cribs, which I've actually never seen.



On a sidenote, feeling much better from mono!



And.......... we bought tickets to China! For under 1000 each, too. Killer. We're leaving June 30th after a day or two at the California beach trip, then getting back August 1st. Sweet! Sharon is way excited.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Yep, I even dreamed about me flying the air plane last night. But I didn't see you in the plane, actually there was only me...