I started a new job last week at a new neurology clinic near our house. It's just a short term job that a doctor in my ward helped me get; until we go to China at the end of this month I'll be taking surveys of patients to assess where the clinic can improve. Considering the clinic is only a year old, it is still working through some glitches its mechanics and some revamping is needed. While the job puts me in an office making tons of phone calls every day, I actually like it. I even get a fancy office with a window right next to all the doctor's offices:
 |
| My empty office at the Center for Neurosciences |
It needs a few decorations, but I almost feel important in it. While my job may just be considered telemarketing as Chase pointed out to me, I've found that most people are very willing to talk about their doctors and their experiences with a professional they trust and respect. It has already been worthwhile to hear about people who were paralyzed from the waist down and were totally healed after treatment. Conversely, it has been edifying to hear patient's frustrations when they don't get the kind of treatment they expect. As you can imagine, this type of edification usually comes through a stream of raised voices.
It's all serving to solidify my interest in medicine and also puts forth the idea of becoming a neurologist in my mind.
In other, better news... Sharon and I are getting sealed this Saturday!! 6:00 PM in the Mesa temple.
2 comments:
yay for your new job! you need a pic of Sharon at your desk.
I actually just brought one to work and I get to stare at it all day. Hey, weren't you the one telling me every blog entry didn't have to be about how I love Sharon?
Post a Comment