Ok, at the right site of my facebook there's an advertisement called "Makemybabies", basically you upload your and your partner's pictures and then they'll predict a baby picture based off the two pictures with face detection technology. Seriously, how can I resist that? Unfortunately, I have to pay $9.99-$19.99 for the baby picture! Should I get it?
Of course no! But how can I satisfy my growing curiosity? I turned to google search and lucky for me, I found a free "MakeMeBabies" website. So I uploaded Sam's and my pictures, and here's what we got:
 |
| What make me babies came up with for a Chinese woman and American man |
The boy in the picture looks totally Asian to me. Sam's probably a little bitter. Cant wait to compare this picture with our baby boy!
PS: The boy does have a big head...
4 comments:
Cute kid. I am excited to meet the real one. I don't think he looks totally Asia. How does genetics play into this?
Well, I'm in a genetics class right now, but I still can't really answer that. The best answer I can give you is that some features such as darker hair/eyes/skin are more likely to show up in the kids. Because we get 1 set of DNA from both parents, we have two sets of recipes for all the proteins in our body. What makes something appear dark is the presence of a protein that looks dark, and often what makes something appear light is the absence of that protein. Hence, if the dad has light features, he gives the child DNA that does not make dark proteins, but if the mom has darker features she will probably give the child DNA that makes dark proteins. Usually light + dark = dark (this is what it means to be dominant) Of course, genetics is usually way more complicated than this, most features have many different genes/proteins that make them up, and parents randomly choose different genes from their two sets of DNA to give to their kids, and many other factors yields hundreds of thousands of different combination that makes predicting outcomes impossible and ultimately random except for rare exceptions.
that is a wild baby hat.
The baby is pretty cute - except for the creepy teeth! Logan and I copied your idea - with pretty entertaining results!
Post a Comment