Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Home Improvements

Since we moved in in June, we've done some home improvements.

Here are the things we did, big or small:

1, We repainted a table that now is standing by our front door. 



2, I made a window seat cushion. I cut the foam myself, and then sewed the cover. It turned out great! 



3, I made come window valances and replaced the thick white window drips it used to have. And now the house looks a lot bigger and nicer. 




4, We repainted a black book shelf into this vintage red book shelf:



5, I designed, built and painted this spice rack, it seriously makes my cooking life quality a lot better. I love that I don't have to be crammed when I am trying to look for a specific spice. It's not perfectly done, but I love it. 






6, We had artificial grass put in. I worked very hard in removing the top rocks and helped with removing the tree stump. We hired someone to put the grass in and we got a decent price. 


7, Sam planted several plants, including an orange tree, a pomegranate tree, 2 saguaro trees and 1 aloe tree.





8, We bought some stepping stones from Mexico. 2 turtles, two sea stars, two sand dollars. They look great!

9, We built a shelf in the pantry to put laundry detergent on. It helps to use the small space better. 



10, Sam and I built this coat hanging rack on our wall of front entrance. We've been needing one since the weather got colder and the kids need to get their jackets out often. We love it!



11, Our next project is to move our AC unit to the side of the house to make more room for our backyard. Just had somebody over for an estimate yesterday, and hopefully we can afford money and time wise to do it before the end of the year.

The joy of homeowners! I absolutely love it! Hopefully in the coming year we can do more home improvements. 


No comments: