This thanksgiving we were torn between staying in Tucson with Alison and Brandon family, and going to Mexico for thanksgiving like we planned. Leslie and Clay drove down for the week and they have not met William so they also want to spend time with Alison and Brandon. Eventually, the plan was Leslie and Clay spend time with Alison's family up in Phx during the weekend before thanksgiving week. And then Monday, we all drove down to Mexico and spend 4 days on the beach and then come back Friday to have a family thanksgiving dinner with Alison's fam on Sat. The plan was pretty good. But then we all go sick the last day, and were a bunch of sick mess with puking, stomach pain and high fever and all that. So we canceled the big thanksgiving gathering that we were going to have on Sat. It's the least thing that Alison wants to worry about William getting the bugs! Our family continued to be sick for the next week which is another story.
It was so nice to hang out with Leslie and Clay clan since we haven't been able to do that for almost a year! Eva is getting so big and she is a sensitive little lady! She is at this age where she has stranger anxiety and I wasn't successful in getting close to her but mom did ;) Baby Sam is pretty quiet this trip and the reason I call him Baby Sam is only to differentiate from my Sam. Owen is very competitive like Michael, both of them were very good at playing "three points up" game with freezes. Enoch is the very opposite, the least competitive one in our family. Then Peter is this one little talking machine that never stops talking, which is interesting to see. Both Enoch and Michael were already really good on the children's kayak, I think they had a great time showing off to everybody. Enoch, Michael and Owen got to go out on grandpa's boat. You will pictures of that as well.
We had a thanksgiving dinner on Thu, with mom making a turkey casserole, me making candied sweet potato, green bean dish and a fruit salad, Clay made two yummy pumpkin pies. Unfortunately Leslie got sick that night and didn't get to eat with us.
The thing I look forward to every time going to the beach house is that I can eat fresh fish!! Of course we went fishing, this time we went on dad's boat. We caught lots of fish. And Sam of course caught the biggest fish of the trip, AGAIN! You will see a pic of me working hard at cleaning the fish meat. Can you tell that I enjoy it?? Well, I think I like it because it reminds me of the food I used to eat growing up. There is something special about sea food, even though I choked on a fish bone and was scared of fish for a few years, that still didn't stop me from loving eating them. I know people are going to disagree, but I always thought and still think that sea food is the best food... So I try and bring that love into my family, and my kids at least doesn't hate sea food, maybe even like it a little. It's also a way of staying connected to my family, it helps that my boys loved eating sea food when they were in China.
To add, we also missed Chase and Cait's family along with Alison and Brandon's fam. Hopefully next thanksgiving we will have a better turn out.

No comments:
Post a Comment