Thursday, April 2, 2009

best songs in a while

These are some of the best new songs I have heard in a long, long time. They are all by Rocky Votolato, a singer/songwriter Leslie introduced me to in highschool, only these songs are recently released in 2006 off his album "Makers" and show a big increase in depth and beauty. What does he sound like? Well, to compare him to sounds that you will be familiar with, I'll bring up Jack Johnson. Imagine Jack Johnson with a better voice, less bubbly lyrics that are more human and passionate and deep, harmonica, and a richer guitar sound, and you have Rocky. Listen to these 4 songs and I highly doubt you will dislike them. It makes me really want to buy his album, but for now I guess I'll be content to stream them for free at Grooveshark.

2 comments:

Chase said...

I thought it was pretty good until I got to the harmonica parts. It reminds me of some of the people I hung out with in Alaska and the music they liked. If it really is some of the best music you've heard either go to a live show or buy his music, do something to support him

Sharon said...

My computer still cant make a sound...!!